KPJ Group are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join a global leader in crane/hoist manufacturing based in Chapel-en-le-Frith, High Peak. The successful applicant will be responsible for the assembly of a wide range of mechanical products, including hoists, gearboxes, and smaller sub-assemblies.
The candidate we are looking for will have a level 3 NVQ Mechanical/Maintenance Apprenticeship or equivalent, as well as experience with hands on mechanical assembly.
What’s on offer?
- £16.15 per hour
- Monday – Thursday 7:00am – 4:30pm
- Overtime available (paid at enhanced rate)
- Employee pension contribution scheme
- On-site parking
What will you be doing a Mechanical Fitter?
- Assembling a wide range of mechanical products, including hoists, gearboxes, and smaller sub-assemblies
- Using engineering best practice, drawings, and SOPs to ensure work produced conforms to relevant drawing specifications/tolerances or limits
- Performing daily health and safety checks on specific equipment of use, such as cranes
- Ensuring that all calibrated equipment used during assembly operations is in good condition and within calibration date
- Recording labour hours spent against relevant production jobs
What do you need?
- NVQ Level 3 Mechanical/Maintenance Apprenticeship (or equivalent)
- Hands-on mechanical assembly experience
- Confident to read engineering drawings
- Confident in using IT equipment to access information
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and prioritizing workload
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Experience of building/maintaining electromechanical products or vehicle mechanics (desirable)
- Previous background in Police or Armed Forces (desirable)
- Previous experience of using cranes and slinging (desirable)
- Experience of 5S, KanBan, Visual management, and other Lean tools (desirable)
If you are a reliable, self-motivated, and detail-oriented individual with the essential experience and skillset that we are looking for, apply today for consideration get in touch with Gail for more information.