We’re hiring for a motivated and proactive Accounts Assistant to join a payroll team for a well-established manufacturer based in the High Peak. You should have great attention to detail, be able to work on your own initiative, and work well as part of a team. The position will report directly into the Finance Director.
What’s on offer?
- £23,000 per annum
- 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Career progression and training available
- 28 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
What will you be doing as an Accounts Assistant?
- Processing & coding supplier invoices & dealing with any supplier queries
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Setting up and requesting approval of monthly payment run
- Recording daily of bank receipts & payments
- Credit control, including chasing of debt
- Processing and recording expense claims
- Bank reconciliations
- Posting monthly journals
- Assisting in preparation of month end accounts
- Stock review and controls
- Support the Financial / Treasury Director
- General office admin duties, as and when required
What do you need?
- Experience in a finance role
- Be proficient in Sage 50 or similar accounting software
- Be proficient in Excel & Microsoft Word
- Have strong communication skills
- Have a strong work ethic
If you’re interested in joining a friendly, dynamic team and want to develop your career in finance, apply today or speak with Carla at KPJ Group for more information.