We’re hiring for an Assembly Technician to join a well-established bespoke equipment manufacturer based in Hyde, Tameside. You will be working as part of a nonregimental, supportive company that offers you flexibility to plan your workload to get the best results.
This manufacturer design, build and export some of the highest quality bespoke manufacturing goods within the industry and they are looking to add a skilled mechanical assembler to their team of engineers.
What’s on offer?
- £22,800 per annum (£11.85 per hour)
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm / 1:00 pm finish Friday
- PPE & some consumable/specialist tools provided
- A clean & safe environment to work in
- Tea, coffee, sugar and milk provided
- Free onsite parking
What will you be doing as an Assembly Technician?
- Assembling steel sections in the assembly bay and testing in accordance with drawings, standard operating/test procedures, and technical work instructions
- Working on rental fleet conveyors (modifications, refurbishments or check over)
- Working on existing customers conveyors (modifications, refurbishments or check over)
- Fabricating of component parts & of guards and contributing towards continuous improvements initiatives using daily management as the communication vehicle
What will you need?
- 4+ years’ experience in a mechanical engineering environment
- The ability to measure, “mark out” and assemble steel sections
- The ability to work with a range of hand tools (drills, grinders etc.)
- The ability to work with a range of machine tools (guillotine, folder, drills, saws, lathes etc.)
- The ability to use lifting aids, training will be given; until training has been completed assistance would be given by someone who has completed the training
If you’re interested in joining an established engineering team at a stable and growing manufacturer, apply today for consideration or speaking with Gail at KPJ Group for more information.