£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
We’re hiring for a Bench Joiner to join a growing carpentry company based in Glossop, High Peak. With all levels considered from Junior to Senior and with several positions available, this is a brilliant opportunity to join a well-established company in a time of massive growth, who have almost tripled in size during the last two years.
Working with a large, stable client base and focusing on traditional carpentry work, a typical job could involve replacing and restoring several oak doors for a listed building, using predominantly hand tools to match the doors on both appearance and materials.
What’s on offer?
- £25,000 – £30,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday / 1:00 pm finish Friday
- Flexible working hours are available
- Breakfast paid for by the company every morning
- Excellent training and career progression opportunities
- Working on a variety of unique, bespoke projects
- Family orientated business, friendly working environment
What will you be doing as a Bench Joiner?
- Making doors, floorboards, kitchens, and panelling from sheets of solid wood such as traditional oak
- Working on a variety of restoration work for listed buildings and heritage sites
- You will be based in the workshop predominantly, however there is also the opportunity to work out onsite if desired
- Working as a team on joint projects or in a standalone capacity using your own initiative
What do you need?
- Bespoke or traditional Joinery experience and be competent in the use of hand tools (hand held planer, hammer, chisel etc.)
- You will ideally have GCSEs at grades 9 – 3 or (A*-D) or equivalent in English & Maths
- NVQ Level 2/3 Carpentry and Joinery (or City and Guilds Equivalent) beneficial but not essential
- A creative mind and a passion for the job
- Physical fitness as you will be lifting raw materials
- High attention to detail, with excellent neatness and accuracy
- The ability to work to reasonable deadlines to meet the demands of the business
- An organised and tidy approach to work
If you’re looking to advance your career within joinery and carpentry and like the idea of working on bespoke project using traditional methods, then apply today for consideration – all levels are considered so if you have a passion for the industry apply today for consideration or speak with Adam at KPJ Group for more information.