Are you an experienced Chemical Process Operator, Mixing Technician or Technical Machine Operative looking for a new position?
We have a brilliant opportunity for Experienced Machine Operatives to join a leading manufacturer in the High Peak as a Chemical Process Operator on a permanent basis. It will be your job to handle raw materials, weighing & mixing them, and ensuring products are manufactured to the highest standards.
What’s on offer?
- Full-time permanent position
- £10.21 per hour + regular overtime paid at x1.5 and x2.0
- Training available such as RTITB Counterbalance Lift Truck (‘the more you learn the more you earn’)
- Working 3 rotating shifts (5:45am-2:15pm/ 1:45pm-10:15pm/ 9:45pm-6:15am)
- 42.5 hours per week
- 4 years death in service
- Free parking on-site
- Statutory sick pay
- Exclusive company reward scheme for a range of discounts and rewards
What will you be doing as a Process Operator?
- Following strict recipes, you will be tasked with the filling and operating of the mixing line, ensuring quality is met and operation runs smoothly
- You will take a proactive approach towards maintaining a busy production schedule, performing product quality checks & highlighting any issues to line manager
- You will complete daily inspections of your machine and report any potential maintenance issues to the Maintenance Department
- Using pump trucks and forklift trucks (if qualified) you will transfer raw/finished goods around the production area in a safe and controlled manner
- You will take full responsibility of the product, machine and housekeeping of your working area
This is a manual role and due to the nature of the goods manufactured the environment can become dirty/dusty – for this reason on-site showers are provided.
What do you need?
- You must have at least 3 years’ experience operating a large scale manufacturing machine from start to finish
- You must be physically fit as continuous heavy lifting is involved (lifting up to 25 kilos) and you may have to climb stairs and or negotiate doors etc.
- A background within an industrial / production environment would be advantageous
- Punctuality, reliability and a ‘can do’ attitude is essential
- Due to the nature of the role good literacy & numeracy skills will be required
- Experience working in a fast-moving environment and be able to demonstrate good time management and organisational skills
If you are interested in joining this growing team and contributing to their on-going success, then apply today or call Symon for more information on 01457 861511 – we look forward to hearing from you! Apply Now