We’re currently hiring for a CNC Miller to join a worldwide manufacturing company based in Droylsden, Tameside. With 10 sites across the globe, they are recognised in the industry due to their innovation and bespoke high-quality products. You’ll be reporting into the Milling Technical Lead ensuring the demand for milled parts is met.
What’s on offer?
- £16 per hour + 20% shift premium (£19.20 per hour – Depending on experience)
- Shift based: Week 1 – 6am-2pm (Monday to Friday) / Week 2 – 2pm to 10pm (Monday to Thursday) Friday (12pm to 4pm)
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays (rising with length of service)
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Full training plans for continuous professional development
What will you be doing as a CNC Miller?
- Keeping CNC milling machines running and using setup sheets and drawings to produce the most efficient results with the lowest scrap rate possible
- Recommending improvements, organise work between multiple machines, when possible, work alongside the current team
- Supporting the transition period to automation
- Reading drawings, use hand measuring equipment, quality checking
- Setting up CNC machines, including tools, vices, measuring tool dimensions and find/check zero points on the actual work piece
- Editing program/tools to match with the demanded drawing tolerances
- Material handling, as good cosmetic finish is essential at all times
- Maintaining machining centres, coolant filling, machine cleaning, etc
- Planning workload on the shift, support lights-out operations when possible
- Recording new information, by photo, video, text, etc
- Communicating with rest of the team in order to reduce mistakes to a minimum
What do you need?
- Haas Control or Fanuc experience
- Experience with 3 axis vertical, 4 axis horizontal machine centres
- Basic IT skills (Excel, Outlook)
- Must have a good understanding of mechanical processes and practices
- The ability to read and understand drawings
- GCSE or higher in Maths and English
- The ability to communicate efficiently with multiple stakeholders
- Pro-active attitude
- Great organisational skills
What’s nice to have?
- Apprenticeship in a relevant mechanical discipline
- 5 axis experiences
- Experience with automation (robot)
- Inventor, Mastercam, CMM, Epicor experience
- Experience of working within a disciplined ISO 9000 environment
- Experience working with Heidenhain
This role is a brand-new position, and the growing business are happy to train the individual, willing you have a desire to learn and some of the core skills listed above. If you’re interested in joining an internationally recognised electronics manufacturer, then apply today for consideration or speak with Adam at KPJ Group for more information.