Do you have experience programming, setting and operating machinery and would be interested in joining an ever-growing engineering company?
We are hiring for a CNC Turner to join an award-winning company based in Stockport. The company supply a range of machinery products worldwide and are looking for the right person to strengthen and grow their workforce.
What’s on offer?
- £10.50 – £12.50 per hour (dependant on experience)
- Monday to Thursday 07:30 – 16:30, Friday 07:30 – 12:30
- 33 days holiday (incl. statutory holidays)
- Regular overtime
- Free on-site parking
- Employee wellness programme
What will you be doing as a CNC Turner?
- Setting and operating a range of machine tools
- Using measuring instruments in metric units and imperial units to produce work pieces to the standards outlined by engineering drawings
- Selecting and using the correct cutting tools, feeds, speeds, coolants and lubricants appropriate to the type of operation requirements
- Understanding and interpreting engineering drawings
- Routine care and cleaning of machines and ancillary equipment
- Recognising machining and material defects and preventative action
- Maintaining a clean and tidy place of work
- Undertaking machine coolant change as and when required
What do you need?
- Experience with programming, setting and operating CNC lathes
- The ability to read and interpret drawings and tolerances
- The ability to use a wide range of different measuring devices and inspection techniques
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What’s nice to have?
- An understanding of H&S requirements and fundamentals of HR within the workplace
- Familiar with Aerospace AS9100D requirements in relation to CNC turner’s role
- Understanding and maintaining 5S
If you are interested in joining this growing engineering team and contributing to their ongoing success, apply today or speak with Gail for more information on 01457 861511.