Do you have experience programming, setting and operating CNC sliding head lathes and would be interested in joining a top 10 leading manufacturer in the UK within their sector?
We are hiring for an experienced CNC Turner to join a precision engineering company based in Hyde on a full-time permanent basis. This specialist firm provide components for the medical and electronic sector.
What’s on offer?
- £13 – £17 per hour (dependant on experience)
- Regular overtime
- Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 05:00, Friday 08:30 – 02:00
What will you be doing as a CNC Turner?
- Writing and programming using Fanuc controls
- Operating a sliding head lathe
- Machining batches of small-medium complex components
- Selecting and using the correct cutting tools, feeds, speeds, coolants and lubricants appropriate to the type of operation requirements
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Working within small tolerances and checking quality of work
What do you need?
- Experience programming, setting and operating CNC lathes
- Proficient in operating CNC sliding head lathes
- Experience in witting and operating using Fanuc
- The ability to read and interpret drawings and tolerances
- The ability to use a wide range of different measuring devices and inspection techniques
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in machining stainless steel and titanium
What’s nice to have?
- Experience batch machining medical/electrical components
- Inspecting work under a microscope
If you are interested in joining this growing engineering team and contributing to their ongoing success, apply today or speak with Matt on 01457 861511 for more information.