£12 per hour (rising to £14 after probation)
Are you an experienced CNC Turner with the ability to programme, set and operate CNC lathes?
We are recruiting for a CNC Turner to join a well-established tool making and precision engineering company based in Stockport. Our client supplies bespoke precision machined products to various industries across the UK. The primary objective of this role will be to effectively program, set and operate CNC lathes in order to produce orders on time and to the required standards.
What’s on offer?
- £12 p/h (rising to £14 per hour on completion of satisfactory probation)
- 36 hours per week (flexible 8-hour shifts between the hours of 7.00am – 6.00pm)
- Early finish Fridays
- Regular overtime
Hours of work:
- Monday to Thursday 7.00am – 6.00pm (8 hours flexi time)
- Friday 7.00am –6.00pm (4 hours flexi time)
What will you be doing as a CNC Turner?
- Safely setting, programming and operating a CNC lathe
- Using measuring instruments in metric units and/or imperial units necessary to produce work pieces to the standards outlined by engineering drawings
- Selecting and using the correct cutting tools, feeds, speeds, coolants and lubricants appropriate to the type of operation, material to be cut and surface texture requirements
- Recognising machining and material defects, appreciating causes, applying remedies and preventative action
- Inspecting work for surface finish, dimensional accuracy and checking the overall quality of finished components
What do you need?
- Experience with programming, setting and operating CNC lathes
- The ability to read and interpret drawings and tolerances
- The ability to use a wide range of different measuring devices and inspection techniques
What’s nice to have?
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Experience operating XYZ Proturn lathe
- Experience using Prototrack controls/software
The company are currently looking to strengthen its workforce with the appointment of an experienced and competent CNC Turner. If you are interested in joining this reputable engineering firm apply now or speak with Gail at KPJ Group for more information.