We’re hiring for a CNC Turner to contribute to the success of a fast growing, market leading manufacturer based in Stockport.
This is a full-time permanent position, with further opportunities to grow and develop within the company.
What’s on offer?
- £18.38 per hour
- Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Early finish on Fridays
- Attractive pension scheme (7% employer 4 % employee)
- Job stability and progression (10+ year multi-million-pound contracts)
- Onsite parking and canteen
- Unionised workplace
- Hands on and supportive management
What will you be doing as a CNC Turner?
- Adhering to the Environmental, Health and Safety Policy and identifying health and safety hazards prior to commencing work
- Performing “Start of Work” machine inspections prior to commencing shifts
- Reporting machine faults or unusual occurrences via approved Maintenance Reporting Procedures
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings to ensure all machined parts conform to drawing and planning specifications
- Setting up and operating CNC milling machines, retrieving and inputting CNC programs from the network in accordance with appropriate paperwork
- Selecting appropriate tools, equipment, and materials in preparation for machining
- Measuring, examining, and visually inspecting components to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications using precision instruments such as micrometers and verniers, according to drawing specifications
- Inputting production tickets onto SAP upon completing each task
- Providing assistance and training to semi-skilled machinists and new starters as and when necessary
- Complying with the Company’s Environmental and Health & Safety policies and any regulatory agencies to ensure the safety of all employees is not compromised
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area as required
- Conducting daily duties in a highly professional manner
What do you need?
- Minimum grade C in English and Maths at GCSE or equivalent
- Previous experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- A knowledge of running CNC machining centers
- Previous SAP experience
- NVQ level 2-3 Engineering/ machining or HNC/HND and machining apprenticeship (desirable)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a driven and supportive team, with a proven track record of results. If you possess the experience and skillset that we are looking for, apply today for consideration or speak with Gabby at KPJ Group for more information on 01457 861511.