We’re hiring for a CNC Turner to join an award-winning engineering company based in the High Peak. This position has become available due to a growing order book and the addition of new machinery. The primary objective of this role will be to effectively program, set and operate CNC machines in order to produce orders on time and to the required standards.
What’s on offer?
- £16.50 per hour
- 21 holidays + bank holidays
- Monday – Thursday 08:00am – 5:00pm / Friday 08:00am – 1:00pm
- On-site parking
What will you be doing as a CNC Turner?
- Programming / editing, setting, and operating a CNC lathe in a busy low batch size machine shop
- Operating the machine to an acceptable production target whist maintaining a high standard of quality
- Performing First Offs and checking Quality and carrying out daily machine checks
- Working with the manager and supervisors to fulfil the Company’s policies and business objectives
- Making a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat, and tidy
What do you need?
- Experience with programming, setting and operating CNC turners
- Experience using any one of the following software packages: XYX Proto Trak, Siemens, Mazatrol, or Hurco Winmax – Other experience will be considered, and training will be provided to suit your machine
- The ability to work to component drawings and adopt awareness to critical dimensions and surface finish
- Experienced in machining a wide variety of stainless steels
The company are currently looking to strengthen its workforce with the appointment of an experienced and competent CNC Turner. If you are interested in joining this award-winning engineering firm apply now or speak with Gail at KPJ Group for more information.