£31,000 - £36,000 per annum
A leading international electrical and electronic safety solutions provider are looking to hire a Customer Support Engineer to join their technical support team based in their modern offices in Middleton. Your role will be to support clients from the railway sector by providing after sales electrical and electronic support. This is a full-time permanent position, with excellent opportunities to grow and develop within the company.
What’s on offer?
- £31,000 – £36,000 (dependent on experience)
- 38 hours per week Monday-Friday
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Good social conditions and a great working environment and atmosphere
- Free onsite parking
What will you be doing as a Customer Support Engineer?
- Providing technical support to customers based within the UK and Ireland, including complimenting the technical services from the headquarters with technical advice
- Writing clause-by-clause reports which will include standards and schematic diagrams to the customers desired specification
- Proposing solutions to the customer with some issue solving involved in this process
- Ensuring all information is collected and recorded correctly to ensure customer enquiries are can be solved by using electromechanical fault finding
- Maintaining customer relationships and ensuring projects are communicated effectively with internal and external parties
- Ensuring all reports and orders and filled correctly
What do you need?
- B.Eng. (Hons) Electrical Engineering preferred or other Engineering Degree or qualifications considered with suitable experience
- Switchgear background experience in AC and DC from Rail Industry preferred
- Utility and Industrial experience will also be considered
- Project engineering and /or customer service experience
- Problem solving skills (commissioning, test, after-sales)
- Good technical understanding
- Equipment testing knowledge including test circuits, oscilloscopes for travel records, dielectric and primary current injection
- Excellent English; French as a second language would be an advantage
If you have a background within electrical engineering along with relevant customer support or after sales experience, then we’d love to hear from you. Apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.