£35,000 - £45,000 per year
Are you an experienced Design Engineer looking for a role with a rewarding business that values the work you do? We have an opportunity with an award-winning family business based in Ashton-under-Lyne, supported by over a century of industry experience.
Working closely with the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be assisting with the creation of innovative powder handling systems and producing detailed engineering drawings.
What’s on offer?
- £35,000 – £45,000 per year
- 37 hour week (flexible hours)
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Employee pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Profit related bonus
- Death in service
What will you be doing as a Design Engineer?
- Collaborating with the Project Manager and design team to create innovative powder handling systems, producing detailed engineering drawings for various requirements
- Coordinating effectively with team members, managing design changes and workload, ensuring smooth project flow
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with external partners, escalating concerns to management when necessary
- Developing and maintaining 3D models and 2D drawings, supporting internal teams and aiding Sales Managers in proposal efforts
- Participating in design and project review meetings, conducting site visits, surveys, and necessary tests
- Interfacing with customers, ensuring equipment approval and seamless communication between departments
- Supporting and upholding the company’s ISO 9001 Quality Management system, addressing internal audits, NCRs, OFIs, and Customer Complaints
- Undertaking ‘Ad Hoc’ internal projects as assigned, contributing to the company’s diverse initiatives and development
What do you need?
- A recognised Engineering degree
- A background in technical engineering
- Familiarity with CAD, 3D modelling and 2D drawings
- Experience with process/project systems
- An understanding of manufacturing environments and procedures
- Proven project leadership
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your engineering skills with a business that is prepared to invest in your own personal development. apply today for consideration or speak with Gabby at KPJ Group for more information.