We’re hiring for an Electrical Assembler to join a leading electrical manufacturer based in Macclesfield. The right Electrical Assembler will be capable of completing the assembly and sub-assembly of electrical components to a high standard. The ideal candidate would have previous experience in miniature wiring and soldering.
What’s on offer?
- £13.50 per hour
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm / Friday 2:30 pm finish (flexibility available)
- Ongoing contract leading to a permanent job for the right person
- Overtime available
- Weekly pay
What will you be doing as an Electrical Assembler?
- Assembling electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems: reading work orders and following production drawings and sample assemblies
- Positioning and aligning parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device. Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, solders, cements, and press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment
- Mounting assembled circuit boards and components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on chassis panel
- Connecting component led wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points, using soldering, thermo compression, or related bonding procedures and equipment
- Installing finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets
- Assembling and attaching hardware, such as caps, clamps, and switches, to assemblies
- Performing intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, engraving, impregnating, and colour coding parts and assemblies
What do you need?
- Competence with soldering, crimping, wiring, and cable harnessing, as well as detecting workmanship issues of downhole electronics equipment and processes
- The ability to think and reason, solve problems, work with speed and accuracy, read with speed and comprehension, use mechanical reasoning, and work well with others
- Electrical qualifications would be advantageous
If you’re an experienced Electrical Assembler with great self-management skills, then apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.