We’re hiring for an Electrical Design Engineer to join a specialist engineering firm based in Stockport. Established for more than 30 years and employing more than 200 people, they support the growth of decentralised low carbon power generation, helping businesses improve energy efficiency, cost savings, power resilience, and emission reduction.
What’s on offer?
- £35,000 – £50,000 per annum
- Hours of work: Monday – Thursday 8.30 am – 5.00 pm and Friday 8.30 am – 4.00 pm
- 25 days’ annual leave + local statutory holidays
- Company pension scheme with attractive employer contribution percentage
- Private healthcare scheme and Life Insurance
- Contractual Occupational Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free car parking
- Continued investment in employee training
- Career development opportunities
What will you be doing as an Electrical Design Engineer?
- Responsibility for specifications, electrical design, schematic drawings, detail drawings and equipment schedules.
- Responsibility for leading electrical design on projects.
- Assisting in the profitability of the company, ensuring designs are cost-effective
- Providing design support on overseas activities.
- Technical calculations and assessments, including safety assessments.
- Supporting Sales and Projects.
What do you need?
- To be at least HNC/D qualified in electrical engineering (or equivalent), with a focus on power generation.
- Competent electrical engineer with considerable technical expertise in power generation, electrical control schemes, LV/HV power distribution, CDM and health and safety.
- Considerable experience in the successful technical management and development of Energy Projects.
- Effective IT skills and competent in the use of Microsoft Office Packages to include Excel, Word, Power Point and Project.
- 2D Auto CAD experience.
If you’re interested in joining a leading power generation specialist in Stockport apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information on 0161 249 8120.