An opportunity has become available for an experienced Engineering Manager to join a market leading manufacturer based in Whaley Bridge, High Peak. Your role will involve leading a team of five Technicians and overseeing both mechanical and electrical maintenance on filling, labelling, and packaging equipment
What’s on offer?
- £50,000 – £55,000 per annum + management bonus
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm / 4:00 pm finish Friday
- 30 days holidays (including banks) rising with length of service
- Company product allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Onsite / offsite training
What will you be doing as an Engineering Manager?
- Managing and coordinating planned preventative maintenance, installations and breakdowns of equipment
- Creating, submitting, and tracking the relevant CAPEX documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered within budget and best overall value
- Maintaining, servicing, repairing, operating and designing of production equipment and services
- Assessing and communicating project status, escalating potential risks and delays to multiple teams and leaders
- Carrying out audits and checking maintenance standards, stock control etc.
- Owning end-to-end for large-scale manufacturing projects
- Working with a range of engineering materials including stainless steel, aluminium, galvanised steel, PTFE, PVC, PVDF, titanium, PE, PP, chlorinated rubbers, epoxy materials etc
- Leading critical path items, providing innovative solutions to resolve issues
- Preparing and conducting weekly meetings with internal teams and external vendors to plan and track deliverables
What do you need?
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering or related discipline
- Working knowledge of engineering systems, PPM, CMMS, Permit to work etc
- Knowledge of mechanical / electrical / pneumatic installations, chemical pipe systems, water pipes, air pipes, pumps, control systems, conveyors, motors, gearbox etc.
- Proven technical leadership and project management experience in development and implementation of engineering projects
- The ability to lead internal teams and manage vendor relations
What’s nice to have?
- Working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, and related software
- Experience working with chemicals and professional hygiene products
- Knowledge of legislative requirements on site LOLER, DSEAR, COMAH etc.
If you’re interested in joining a market leading manufacturer in the High Peak as a highly valued Engineering Manager, then apply today for consideration or speak to Gail at KPJ Group for more information.