We’re hiring for a Fabricator to join a skilled and experienced workforce at an ultra-modern manufacturing facility based in Stockport. With more than a century of engineering experience under their belt they have long been a pioneer of innovation, and with employees being at the heart of their business, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Fabricator to join their team.
Your role will involve reading understanding engineering drawings to achieve the final component, ensuring that each component conforms to set specifications.
What’s on offer?
- £16.45 per hour
- Monday – Thursday 7:45 am – 4:15 pm / Friday 12:45 pm finish (37 hours per week)
- 4-6 weeks training scheme that will see you gain your codings
- Job stability and progression (10+ year multi-million-pound contracts)
- Onsite parking and canteen
- Unionised workplace
- Hands on and supportive management
What will you be doing as a Fabricator?
- Calculating dimensions and tolerance using knowledge of mathematics and precision instruments
- Selecting appropriate tools, equipment and materials in preparation of fitting operations
- Positioning and fastening of work pieces
- To measure, examine, and visually inspect conformance to detect defects and ensure components to specifications using precision instruments such as micrometres and verniers
- Complying with the Environmental, Health and Safety Policy and Identity health and safety hazards prior to the commencement of work
- Reporting via approved Maintenance Reporting Procedures any equipment fault or unusual occurrence
- Setting components to achieve the drawing and planning specifications
- Working with written work instructions to ensure the final components conforms to the drawing and planning specifications
- Inputting their production tickets on SAP on completion of their operations
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area as required
- Conducting daily duties in a highly professional manner
What do you need?
- Recognised time served apprenticeship in fabricating / welding or relevant discipline
- Practical welding or fabrication experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- Experience of fabricating of components
- Knowledge of key production processes and procedures
If you’re interested in joining a skilled engineering team at a leading manufacturer who are well-known for their engineering excellence, strong heritage and high-quality engineering, then apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.