We’re hiring for a Fabricator to join a skilled and experienced workforce at an ultra-modern manufacturing facility based in Stockport. With more than a century of engineering experience under their belt they have long been a pioneer of innovation, and with employees being at the heart of their business, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Fabricator to join their team.
What’s on offer?
- £18.38 per hour
- Monday – Thursday 7:00am – 3:30pm (early finish on Fridays)
- 4-6 weeks training scheme that will see you gain your codings
- Attractive pension scheme (7% employer 4 % employee)
- Job stability and progression (10+ year multi-million-pound contracts)
- Onsite parking and canteen
- Unionised workplace
- Hands on and supportive management
What will you be doing as a Fabricator?
- Setting components to achieve the drawing and planning specification
- Calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and precision instruments
- Working with written Work Instruction to ensure the final component conforms to the drawing and planning specification
- Selecting appropriate tools, equipment and materials in preparation of fitting operation
- Positioning and fastening work pieces
- Measuring, examining, and visually inspecting components to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications using precision instruments such as micrometers and verniers
- Inputting production tickets on to SAP on completion of operations
- Reporting any equipment fault or unusual occurrence
- Meeting deadlines, be flexible dependable and time conscious and to work with minimum supervision
- Complying with the Environmental, Health and Safety Policy and identify health and safety hazards prior to the commencement of work
What do you need?
- Recognised time served apprenticeship in a Welding or relevant discipline
- Practical welding or fabricating experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- Knowledge of key production processes and procedures
If you’re interested in joining a skilled engineering team at a leading manufacturer who are well-known for their engineering excellence, strong heritage and high-quality engineering, then apply today for consideration or speak with Gabby at KPJ Group for more information on 0161 249 8120.