We’re hiring for a Financial Accountant to join the head office of large national charity based in Stockport who support individuals with mental health & learning disabilities. You’ll play a key role in the monthly process required to produce full and accurate Management Information Reports for both internal and external reporting purposes.
You’ll be joining a busy office so you must be able to plan, prioritise, and take personal responsibility to ensure all reporting is completed within the planned timescales.
What’s on offer?
- Between £15.38 – £17.95 per hour
- Full-time and part-time hours considered (between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday-Friday)
- Temporary ongoing contract
- Excellent public transport links
- Access to an Employee Relations Advisor to receive confidential aid & advice
What will you be doing as a Financial Accountant?
- To complete allocated month end procedures to ensure that month-end reporting deadlines are met.
- To ensure that balance sheet accounts and bank accounts are properly reconciled on a monthly basis.
- To produce monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation reports, and highlight any areas of concern and contribute to the resolution of such issues.
- To generate costing files from payroll software (itrent) and import files into accounting software
- To produce payroll related control accounts, and investigate and resolve all differences by working closely with colleagues in the payroll department.
- To maintain the register of assets and ensure that depreciation is properly accounted for in line with agreed policies under component accounting as required by the Housing SORP.
- To review monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations produced by other members of the Accounts team.
- To contribute to the reporting of KPIs, value for money analysis, competitor analysis and benchmarking.
- To work with the Senior Financial Accountant on the timetabling and implementation of the external audit process.
What do you need?
- A minimum of two years’ experience of working in a management accounting or financial accounting role
- The ability to investigate complex balance sheet accounts and identify and resolve any discrepancies
- Significant demonstrable competency in Excel spreadsheets in order to interrogate and analyse large volumes of data
- An understanding of payroll production processes, payroll journals and experience of resolving differences on payroll control accounts
- Knowledge of accounting for fixed assets, including considerations of capitalisation, disposals, impairment and depreciation
What’s nice to have?
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA)
- Experience of using SAGE accounting packages
- Degree or equivalent level academic qualification (2.1 or above)
For more information about the job role, speak with Carla at KPJ Group on 0161 249 8120 or apply today for consideration.