We’re hiring for a Forklift Truck Driver to join a large, busy manufacturer based in Glossop. Working initially on an ongoing contract, this company know the value of good employees and this position could lead to a permanent placement for the right person.
What’s on offer?
- £8.72 per hour + regular overtime paid at x1.5 (x2 on Sundays)
- Working 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday to Friday
- Immediate start
- Free parking on-site
What will you be doing as a Forklift Truck Driver?
- Loading and Unloading product from containers to their specified locations
- Reading order forms and packing product for despatch accordingly
- Following strict Health & Safety Practices, some product requires two people to lift
- This is a manual role and due to the nature of the goods manufactured the environment can become dirty/dusty.
What do you need?
- A valid counterbalance licence and ideally some working experience on a forklift
- You must be physically fit as heavy lifting can be involved (lifting up to 25 kilos) and you may have to climb stairs and or negotiate doors etc.
- Punctuality, reliability and a ‘can do’ attitude is essential
- Due to the nature of the role good literacy & numeracy skills will be required
- Experience working in a fast-moving environment and the ability demonstrate good time management and organisational skills
For more information about this role, speak with Carla t KPJ Group – we look forward to hearing from you!