We’re hiring for General Operatives to join a reputable manufacturer in Oldham who supply their products to a variety of industries across the globe.
Due to recent growth, they require people with experience in a manufacturing environment to help assist with production demands. Joining a close-knit team, you will be responsible for one area of the production process, ensuring machinery is operating accordingly and keeping up with production demands.
What’s on offer?
- £8.72 per hour (first 40 hours) £11.63 per hour (after 40 hours)
- Hours: various day shifts available (6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm / 12pm-8pm) or night shifts (10pm – 6am) £10 night shift allowance per completed shift
- Overtime often available as production runs 6 days a week
What will you be doing as a General Operative?
- Setting-up, operating and troubleshooting machinery and weighing / mixing materials according to the production order
- Carrying out quality checks to ensure high-quality standards are met at all times and reporting any quality issues to management
- Maintaining a good standard of housekeeping and organisation within your working area
- Closely monitoring machines to ensure materials are properly mixed and operating accordingly
What do you need?
- A background in manufacturing or operating machinery
- The ability to frequently lift / move up to 15Kg and occasionally lift / move 25Kg
- A flexible approach to work, as weekend work may be required (shifts can differ from 4-6 days per week)
- Basic Mathematical skills, including units of measure
- Good work ethic, reliability and an honest approach
What’s nice to have?
- Forklift licence / experience operating a FLT
If you have previous experience operating machinery and are flexible to work across six days if required, apply now to be considered or speak with Carla on 01457 861511.