We’re hiring for General Operatives to join a highly reputed company with a commitment to customer experience who have achieved substantial growth over the last 18 months and as a result, are looking to add enthusiastic operatives to their team.
Based in the Macclesfield area, the role consists of providing labour support to the design team which will include bagging goods, sorting orders, operating digital & analogue machinery and quality control.
You will be part of a supportive team who manufacturer a range of products for well-known organisations across the globe. With two sites, the company adapt their workforce to assist each site as they enter their busy periods at separate times of the year. They are looking for operatives with good attention to detail who can work well in a busy environment.
What’s on offer?
- Rate of pay: £8.72 per hour + opportunities for overtime
- Hours of work:
- Shift one: 8am – 5pm Mon – Fri (early finish Fridays)
- Shift two: 7:00am – 3:30pm Mon – Fri
- Flexibility with hours is desired as there may be shifts involved during busy periods
- Both permanent and temporary opportunities available
- Full training across various areas of the business
- Free onsite parking
- Part of a progressive team where most leaders are promoted from within
- Supportive management and ongoing development
What will you be doing as a General Operative?
- Operating digital print, laser cutting and heat press machinery to produce high quality products in a safe and controlled environment
- Cleaning, clearing and assembling packaging lines following correct procedures
- Unpacking, organising and packing goods in an organised and timely fashion
- Performing accurate machine set ups to ensure problem free start ups and maximise production
- Responsible for ensuring product quality which includes the completion of paperwork, checking samples and carrying out visual quality checks
- Responsible for labelling goods, packing finished products and completing packaging documentation associated with the completion of a work order
- Managing, diagnosing and reporting equipment performance issues
- Taking responsibility for the zone that you work in and the equipment in general; this includes ensuring good housekeeping standards are maintained
What do you need?
- Excellent work ethic is required, as well as punctuality and reliability
- Flexibility as hours of work can be subject to change dependant on the orders
- Physical fitness and the ability to stand for extended periods
- Initiative and the capability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good time management as you will be working at speed
- The ability to listen and understand instructions – knowledge and understanding of English language is required
- Good attention to detail and careful precision
- Confidentiality is paramount and no mobile phones are allowed on the shop floor
What’s nice to have?
- Previous experience in a production or packing role
- Basic computer skills
- Experience working in a target driven environment
- Quality Control experience
If you are interested in joining a busy but supportive production environment, this is a fantastic organisation to be a part of as they continue their growth. For more information speak with our team on 01457 861511 or apply today for consideration.