£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Are you a qualified and experienced Health & Safety professional with knowledge of heavy manufacturing?
We’re hiring for a Health & Safety Manager to provide strategic and dynamic leadership for all Health & Safety at a leading engineering manufacturer based in the High Peak.
You will be tasked with developing and implementing Health & Safety best practices, ensuring they all comply with current legislation including Regulations, ACoPs, official guidance and industry standards. You will be working closely with the HR Manager, responsible for a small team within the organisation, that will be responsible for general administration and updating company processes.
What’s on offer?
- £35,000 – £40,000 p/a
- 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays
- 4% pension contribution
- Sick pay up to 16 weeks depending on length of service
- Free on-site parking
- Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
What will you be doing as a Health & Safety Manager?
- Developing all aspects of the company’s Health & Safety policy, ensuring consistent and appropriate implementation at departmental, team and individual level
- Monitoring, evaluating and reviewing existing, new and upcoming Health & Safety legislation and ensuring systems & practices are in place to meet legal compliance
- Continually assessing the status of Health & Safety within the company, identifying areas for improvement and developing new policies and systems to address these
- Developing and maintaining rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems and taking part in these as appropriate
- Identifying employee training needs in respect of Health & Safety and to develop management controls to ensure training need is continually update and addressed
- Educating and informing the senior management team with regards to Health & Safety, including liabilities, performance trends, risks and opportunities
- Advising on customer site audits when engineers are on site to ensure best practice, undertaking spot checks when required
Due to the nature of the company’s processes and products, there will be occasional site visits to ensure all Health and Safety procedures are being followed and implemented by the off-site engineers.
What do you need?
- NEBOSH Diploma (Health & Safety)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at H&S Manager level
- Experience of heavy manufacturing
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Quality management / delivering customer requirements
- Knowledge and experience of ISO9001
- Project management
- Change Management
- Self-motivated with a professional and positive approach
- Flexibility as some travel may be required
If you think you are someone who can work proactively with all Directors and Managers in order to establish and maintain a programme of continual improvement in the management of Health & Safety, then apply today for consideration. For more information or if you have any questions, speak with Carla on 01457 861511. Apply Now