£23,000 - £30,000 per annum
We’re hiring for a Junior Air Conditioning Engineer to join a national air conditioning company based in Tameside, Manchester. Joining a long-standing installations team and reporting into the Service Engineer, your role will involve travelling throughout the UK to carry out installation work on largescale commercial and domestic sites.
With three sites across the UK and more than 40-years’ experience within the industry, you’ll be joining one of the largest air conditioning contractors in the UK to carry out installation and maintenance work on well-known sites such as airports, football stadiums, and shopping centres.
What’s on offer?
- £23,000 – £30,000 per annum
- Working away rates: standard hourly rate paid for travelling to and from sites
- Monday – Friday 40-50 hours per week – all breaks paid
- Good overtime rates for weekend work
- £25 working away allowance for food & drink
- Company vehicle & fuel card – option to take vehicle home with you
- Excellent career progression; 5-year progression plan leading to Senior Engineer
- All PPE & tools provided
- Company events
- Christmas shutdown period (2-weeks paid)
What will you be doing as an Air Conditioning Engineer?
- Carrying out installations of DX Split and VRF Air Conditioning Systems across the UK, working alongside a senior engineer who will provide direction and training
- Working on a variety of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment on a wide variety of customer sites to carry out service and maintenance work
- Identifying any system errors which may require further investigation and assisting the senior engineers with fault diagnosis and service repairs
- Health & Safety will be at the forefront of everything you do and you will be part of a team that contributes towards this
What do you need?
- Flexibility as you will be traveling throughout the UK and working away from home
- A full UK driving license and the ability to pass random drug & alcohol tests
- Some experience in the industry would be preferred but full training is provided
- Apprentice trained within a trade i.e., Electrician / Plumber / Air Conditioning would be beneficial or any previous experience as a Plumbers Mate / Electricians Mate
- Physical fitness as you will be carrying out manual tasks
- Excellent punctuality, reliability, and work ethic
- A committed positive attitude with the ability to work well within a team
- The willingness and eagerness to progress and develop within your role
What’s nice to have?
- F-Gas qualification would be beneficial
- English & Maths GCSE to grade C or above
- Valid CSCS / IPAF / PASMA
If you’re interested in pursuing a career within air conditioning and have the flexibility to travel throughout the UK and work away from home at times, then apply today for consideration or speak with our team for more information on 0161 249 8120.