£26,000 - £30,000 per annum
A large national manufacturer are currently hiring for an experienced Logistics Manager to join their well-established team based in Stalybridge, Tameside. Operating for more than 100 years, they pride themselves on their service and are looking for a Logistics Managers to work shifts and be responsible for the management of the finished goods warehouse; customer deliveries; logistics personnel and vehicles, as well as data and paperwork controls.
What’s on offer?
- £26,000 – £30,000 per annum
- Rotating Shifts: Monday – Friday 6:00 am – 2:00 pm / 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Internal progression opportunities
- Free parking
What will you be doing as a Logistics Manager?
- Managing a team of 9 commercial vehicle drivers and 10 FLT drivers through two shift patterns
- Liaising with customers both internal and external as well as customer customers, agreeing priority delivery requirements
- Maintaining and controlling elements of cost with regards to loading and utilisation of vehicles and resource to maximise efficiencies, by managing the daily delivery schedule, ensuring vehicles depart on time and to correct route
- Liaising with subcontractors, driver agencies and engineering service providers, when required
- Controlling and monitoring of vehicle usage, to ensure utilisation and fuel consumption targets are met
- Ensuring vehicles are maintained including servicing and MOTs, within the current compliance and DVSA requirements
- Utilising planning tools to plan deliveries and to change these as necessary to meet service criteria and achieve KPI targets for the department
- Interrogating systems to provide management information, carry out analysis and rectification as necessary
- Maintaining and updating knowledge on legislation and health and safety issues regarding drivers, staff and visitors and ensure current company requirements are met
What do you need?
- 2+ years’ experience in Transport Planning or Transport Administration
- 2+ years’ experience within the logistics industry
- Good UK wide geographical knowledge
- Excellent organisational and delegation skills
- Excellent communication and management skills
If you have experience working within the logistics sectors along with great organisational skills and would like to join an established manufacturer working rotating shifts, then apply now for consideration or speak with Sol at KPJ Group for more information.