We’re hiring for an experienced Logistics Supervisor to join a world leading design and manufacturing company based in Droylsden, Tameside. With ten sites across the globe, they are well established and recognised in the industry for their innovation and bespoke products.
Reporting into the Warehouse Manager, the primary purpose of the role is to supervise the day-to-day activities of the complete Logistics function from receipt of goods, to inventory management, through to order despatch. This is a “hands on” role and would best suit a proactive supervisor who thrives in a varied and busy environment.
What’s on offer?
- Up to £34,000 per annum
- 36 hours per week (8am – 4:30pm) 12pm finish on Fridays
- Free on-site parking
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays (rising with length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Christmas shutdown period
What will you be doing as a Logistics Supervisor?
- Supporting the shipping team by acting as the ‘go to’ person for all issues relating to HM Customs shipping documentation, post Brexit changes, Country of Origin requirements, IPR reporting and HS codes
- Overseeing all site activities related to materials management including stock control, stock transfer from production, picking/packing and shipping of products
- Ensuring all production completed jobs and repairs are booked onto the system ready for resale in a timely manner
- Assisting the shipping team with invoicing, import/ export processing at peak workloads, to ensure all goods packed are shipped the same day
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and ensuring staff are trained
What do you need?
- Formal qualifications in Logistics/ Warehouse/ Stores supervision
- Level 3 Diploma IoSCM (HNC) – Import and Export
- 3+ year’s recent supervisory experience within a Stores or Warehouse environment
- Proven Import/ Export experience
What’s nice to have?
- Formal qualification within Inventory Management
- Valid counterbalance licence
- Knowledge of Incoterms, DHL Proview and Easy Ship
- Formal Management report writing
If you’re someone who can bring the best out of a team and come with previous import/export experience then this a great opportunity for you to join a world leading manufacturer. Apply today for consideration or speak with Carla at KPJ Group for more information.