We’re currently hiring for a Machine Operative to join a successful manufacturer based in Bollington, Cheshire. With two sites and a global reach, this company are covering the markets for coated products in over 100 countries. Employee owned, this company have been striving for the benefit of the employees since the scheme started in 1986 and have since transferred 70% of the company into employee ownership.
What’s on offer?
- £21,841 per annum
- Monday – Friday, 2 Shift Rotation, 6:00 am to 2:00 pm / 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Profit related pay scheme
- Ownership bonus scheme
- Life Assurance at 9X your annual salary
- Company pension contribution
- Onsite parking
What will you be doing as a Machine Operative?
The Machine Operator is assigned to work on the universal slitter and will work at all sections of the machine including the unwind, slit knife section, re-wind section, offloading, packing of products when required and will perform all associated quality inspections required.
Duties may vary dependent upon specific needs but can include:
- Deliver detailed operation, set up, adjustment and changeover machinery
- Carry out fault-finding and basic care of machinery to maximise process throughput whilst also ensuring that process waste is minimised with quality being maximised
- Conduct daily work area and machinery checks and inspections to drive reliability improvements.
- Key point of contact for our engineering team members to drive improvements in reliability, machine condition and performance
- Load raw material into machine and unload finished product
- Determine and control the machine cycle varying and modifying as necessary.ie machine speed, coil tension, tapper tension and splicing
- Maintain production records and logs of equipment and product performance, also records operational data on specified forms
- Adjust set up and process operations accordingly
What do you need?
- 2 years’ experience in a production role
- Confidence working in fast paced manufacturing environment
- Eager and willing to learn new systems
- The ability to utilise hand tools and operate a range of machinery
- The ability to operate a range of lift trucks & overhead cranes if required – internal training provide
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
If you’re interested in this role to expand on your career and progress throughout a stable company, apply now for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.