We’re hiring for a Machine Operator to join a busy department at a well-established and fast-paced manufacturer based in Glossop. You’ll be part of a high-volume manufacturing facility that supply a large stable client base, so this role would suit someone who is used to working in a fast-paced production environment, however full training will be provided
What’s on offer?
- £23,000 plus overtime after 40 hours (£13.38 per hour)
- Monday to Friday (weekend overtime available)
- Rotating shifts – 6am – 2pm / 2pm – 10pm
- Full training on a variety of machines
- Full-time permanent contract
- Onsite parking and canteen
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays (rising each year with length of service)
- Excellent staff discounts
- Annual performance reviews
- Annual salary increases
- Brilliant career progression opportunities (Team Leader, Production Supervisor)
- £60 voucher at Christmas and additional vouchers throughout the year
What will you be doing as a Machine Operator?
- Lifting and moving large goods and equipment ready to be loaded onto the machines
- Machine feeding goods and cutting products to required sizes
- Monitoring goods on the machines, highlighting any hazards or defects to management
- Operating a variety of large industrial machines in a safe and timely manner
- Working in a team environment on a fast pace production line
What do you need?
- Previous experience in a production / manufacturing environment – ideally operating machinery (minimum of 1 year)
- Excellent work ethic, reliability and punctuality
- The ability to work well in a team environment, contributing wherever you are needed
- The ability to work in a physically demanding role
This is a global organisation that employees more than 500 people at its largest site in Glossop. Supported by a hands-on senior management team, you will be part of a busy and crucial department, working as part of a skilled team to meet production demands. If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this role then apply now or speak with Mataya at KPJ Group for more information on 01457 861511.