We’re hiring for a Machine Operator to join a new manufacturing facility based in Middleton, Rochdale working either day or night shifts. Joining a close-knit team, you’ll be responsible for one area of the production process, ensuring machinery is operating accordingly and keeping up with production demands which can often be labour intensive.
With a new management team, this established company have recently relocated to more modern facilities and due to recent growth, they are looking to add people to their manufacturing team to develop and grow with them.
What’s on offer?
- £9.50 per hour – rising to £9.86 after probation + Production Bonus
- Day shift: 4-day work week: 6:00am – 4:00pm Mon to Thurs (40 hours per week)
- Overtime available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday paid at time and a third
- Night shift: 8:00pm – 6:00am Sunday – Thursday (£10.00 per shift allowance)
- Paid breaks
- Christmas staff bonus
- On-site parking and canteen
- Brand new factory and modern facilities
What will you be doing as a Machine Operator?
- Setting up, operating, and troubleshooting machinery and mixing materials according to the production order
- Carrying out quality checks to ensure high-quality standards are met at all times and reporting any quality issues to management
- Maintaining a good standard of housekeeping and organisation within your working area
- Closely monitoring machines to ensure materials are properly mixed and operating accordingly
- Trimming the completed moulds, if necessary, as per company guidelines and reporting any defects that have occurred
What do you need?
- Experience operating machinery or working in a production environment preferred
- Physical fitness and the ability to frequently lift heavy goods
- The ability to work well in a team in a fast paced production environment
- Basic Mathematical skills, including units of measure
- Good work ethic, reliability, and punctuality
If you are looking for a new role which rewards hard work and positive working attitudes, then apply now for consideration or speak with Mataya at KPJ Group for more information.