We’re hiring for a Maintenance Electrician to join a global leader in engineered metal products based in Glossop to carry out the installation, maintenance, testing and repair of all equipment used within the manufacturing industry.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, your role will involve supporting the operations team to achieve their target and to maintain health & safety standards while ensuring optimum plant performance.
What’s on offer?
- £42,900 per annum (£15.11 per hour + 30% shift allowance)
- Panama shift (average 42 hours per week, days/nights, includes some weekend working)
- Overtime available
What will you be doing as a Maintenance Electrician?
- Assisting with the development of PPM systems and the forward scheduling of maintenance activities
- Operational tasks to comply with legislation and company procedures
- Fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance in a steel work / heavy engineering environment
- General machine wiring and installation, including temperature control and lighting
- Planning and scheduling planned and unplanned work
- Monitor maintenance costs, control maintenance tools, stores and equipment
What do you need?
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment and electrical engineering within a production line/foundry environment
- A proven ability of fault finding and problem solving on electrical control circuits and 3 phase power supplies
- Apprentice trained electrician
- Ideally qualified to HNC Level or equivalent
- Completed a recognised Apprenticeship
- GCSE’s – A-C, including English and Maths
- FLT, OHC, Confined Space, Working at Height, MEWP qualified
- Knowledge of SHIRES electronic maintenance system or equivalent
- HV experience
If you’re determined, quality orientated and a good communicator who is looking to join a global leading engineering firm, apply today for consideration or speak with Adam at KPJ Group for more information on 0161 249 8120.