£23,000 - £25,000 per annum
We’re hiring for a methodical Management Accountant to join a market leading manufacturer based close to Whaley Bridge, High Peak. Your role will be to assist the Financial Director with the preparation of the monthly management accounts and to be responsible for device and system cost analysis.
The company are located in Furness Vale but have plans to relocate to Buxton.
What’s on offer?
- £23,000 – £25,000 per annum (negotiable)
- Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
- Support with existing studies if required
- 20 days holiday (rising one per year up to 25) plus bank holidays
- Modern offices
- Career progression
- Hands on Director
- Free onsite parking
What will you be doing as a Management Accountant?
- Responsible for the job costing and accuracy of Work in Progress reporting for the monthly management accounts
- Responsible for facilitating weekly stock cycle counts, reconciliation of stock variances and recording stock movements to projects
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual budget and report variances to budget as part of the monthly accounts process
- Assisting with grant applications and actively pursue relevant sources of grant, and other funding, for the business
- Assisting in the annual Research and Development Tax Credits process
- Carrying out general and ad hoc administration when necessary
What do you need?
- Entry level accounting qualification required
- Previous experience of accounts preparation, in particular work in progress against longer term projects
- Experience of costing BOM’s and managing an integrated costing system
- Experience of stock management, including stock counting and reconciliation
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, Sumif statements and Vlookups
- A great team player with excellent people skills and work ethic
- Confidence, enthusiasm, self-motivation & determination
- Clear communication skills at all levels
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to multitask and to prioritise for self and others
- Attention to detail – accurate and methodical in work
If you’re interested in joining a friendly, professional finance team to help achieve weekly and monthly deadlines for a market leading manufacturer then apply today for consideration or speak with Carla at KPJ Group for more information on 0161 249 8120.