We’re hiring for an office-based Material Expeditor to help manage a large profile of suppliers, ensuring that all purchase orders are delivered on-time and in full, in accordance with the scheduled dates determined by the MPS and purchasing team.
Joining an industrial equipment supplier based in Trafford Park Manchester, the success of this role is achieved through a tenacious work ethic and belief in delivering best in class customer service and you will be an integral member of the purchasing and materials department.
What will you be doing as a Material Expeditor?
- Ensure that all customer orders have a relevant and up to date promise, manage communication to the production and spares groups where deviations occur.
- Report on supplier performance adherence to the purchasing team. Arrange collection and delivery transportation where appropriate.
- Performs quality checks for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices.
What do you need?
- Previous work experience within a Supply Chain function and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications are essential.
- Previous use of material management software is essential, ideally Cimpac and SAP.
- The ability to identify a problem, articulate it clearly, progress it to a solution and communicate to others as appropriate.
- Strong team ethic with the ability the work on own initiative
- Proven ability to maintain react and think quickly to fast moving fluid situations and deadlines.
- A collaborator, building strong working relationships with all levels of the materials and production functions.
- Demonstrate meticulous levels of attention to detail.
For more information about this job role speak with Gail at KPJ Group or apply today for consideration.