We’re hiring for a Mechanical Assembler to join an engineering manufacturer based in Chadderton. Established for more than 30 years with a turnover of £4m, they design, manufacture, and supply bespoke equipment to the construction and manufacturing industries.
As part of a skilled engineering team, your role will involve building and assembling components as well as mechanical and electrical testing. This opportunity offers long term stability, a great working environment and clear routes for progression.
What’s on offer?
- £22,700 per annum (£11.20 per hour)
- Ongoing contract
- Good overtime rates
- Day shift – 39 hours per week
What will you be doing as a Mechanical Assembler?
- Assembling components by fastening parts and subassemblies
- Identifying and resolving any technical problems arising in the assembly of components and products
- Positioning parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements
- Working directly from technical drawings & instruction whilst ensuring a high quality of workmanship
- Monitoring output to ensure that it is of the standard required, and rejecting any that do not meet the standard
What do you need?
- UK driving licence
- Apprentice trained / time served engineer
- Mechanical assembly / fitting experience
- Must be familiar with the use of hand / power assisted tools and production equipment
- Some basic electrical knowledge and the ability to strip and connect wires
- The ability to read engineering drawings
- Good attention to detail and the ability to follow a process
- Quality awareness and a self-critical eye, with a right first-time attitude
What’s nice to have?
- Counterbalance licence advantageous
- Experience with Pneumatics / Hydraulics
- Basic welding skills (production ARC / TIG welding)
- Bandsaw / machine grinding experience
- Wiring and testing experience with
The strength of this company lies in its in-house team of engineering and manufacturing experts. If you’re interested in being the next addition to their skilled manufacturing team then we’d love to hear from you. Apply today for consideration or speak with Adam at KPJ Group for more information.