£40,000 - £70,000 per annum
We’re hiring for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join a passionate, high achieving building services company based in Sheffield. The team of engineers pride themselves for their range of expertise and experience which is used to reach all targets and deliver multi-million-pound projects across the UK.
With this being a senior position, you will need to have around 8-years’ experience within this type of role. As the consultancy work on a broad range of projects ideally you will be a good ‘all-rounder’ having worked on a variety of different projects throughout your career.
What’s on offer?
- £40,000 – £70,000 per annum (negotiable) + package
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Office based (travel within the UK required)
What will you be doing as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer?
- Responsible for the design, management and supervision of small, medium and larger projects
- Designing of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and public health services for a wide range of building types
- Delivering client focused effective design solutions
- Developing a good working knowledge of cost and value in design
- Using design software such as AutoCAD, Hevacomp, Revit and IES
- Understanding the requirements and have proven experience of delivering regulatory obligations associated with Building Regulations Part L and BREEAM
- Working with the mechanical/energy/Part L engineers to derive low energy design solutions
- Preparing specifications/equipment schedules/drawings
- Providing information for installation and fully coordinated standards (RIBA Stage 5)
- Supervising staff on numerous projects, to ensure they are completed to an appropriate technical standard on time
What do you need?
- A minimum of 8-years of design experience within Mechanical Building Services
- Degree or HNC in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 2-years supervisory experience
- The ability to prepare advanced technical specification and reports and supervise similar works carried out by the team
- A full UK driving licence
What’s nice to have?
- Experienced in AutoCAD, Hevacomp, Revit
For more information about the job role and the company, contact Josh at KPJ Group on 0161 249 8120.