£40,000 - £60,000 + Bonus
We’re hiring for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join an award-winning, market leading engineering consultancy who employ some of the most talented people in the industry. Their creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists has been built up over many years and they pride themselves on their unique and unrivalled service. With all levels considered, this is a brilliant opportunity to advance your career with one of the UK’s leading MEP firms.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, they provide a full range of mechanical engineering & plumbing, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look. Working alongside the Team Leader, you will be responding to clients’ needs, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance.
What’s on offer?
- £40,000 – £60,000 + Bonus (depending on experience)
- Profit and performance related bonus
- Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
- Working from home up to 4 days per week
- Private medical scheme & life assurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual promotion review
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
- Season ticket loans, professional membership subscription
- Travel & dental insurance
- Retail discounts and employee referral scheme
What will you be doing as a Mechanical Design Engineer?
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally; projects span a cross section of sectors including Science and Research Laboratories, Leisure, Residential, Commercial, and high-end mixed use developments
- Producing detailed designs and drawings utilising the latest digital techniques and computer modelling software
- Undertaking site surveys and liaising with project teams, clients, or end users, and attending collaborative meetings
- Taking responsibility for design coordination with other disciplines and professionals
- Commuting to the Birmingham office up to two days per week
What projects are they currently working on?
- Birmingham University – Life Sciences project
- Warwick University – Arts building
- Commonwealth Games – Alexander Stadium
- Sky Studios – 17 building new campus
- Healthcare projects including main hospitals and ongoing nightingale projects
- Amazon distribution
Why join the company?
- You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists
- You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors
- You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to a structured Career Path framework
What do you need?
- An expected or achieved 2.1 or above IMechE or CIBSE accredited degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- A masters or other relevant post graduate qualification is an advantage
- Previous placement or work experience in a similar industry is an advantage
- An understanding of CAD or similar modelling software is an advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- A friendly, ambitious and confident individual with a flexible and resilient
Continually looking at clever ways to overcome design challenges, this long-standing consultancy are not afraid to innovate. Their number one concern is the quality of their projects and they boast an impressive portfolio. If working on an extensive range of high-profile projects appeals to you then we’d love to hear from you. Apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information on 0161 249 8120.