We’re hiring for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join a market leading manufacturer based in Hyde on a full-time permanent basis. The purpose of the role will be to assemble and fit fabricated conveyor sections in the assembly bay, as well as fabricating components.
What’s on offer?
- £14.00 per hour
- 8.00 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday / 1.30 pm finish Fridays
What will you be doing as a Mechanical Fitter?
- Fitting of components i.e. rollers, bearing, sprockets, gearboxes and motors
- Working on rental fleet conveyors (modifications, refurbishments or check over)
- Working on existing conveyors (modifications, refurbishments or check over)
- Taking care of belts, (finished machines are not work benches)
- Recording accurate time records for each job worked on, timesheets should always have the relevant work order number for the job, discipline being performed (assembly, fabrication, welding, rectification work or waiting time)
- Feeding information back so the organisation can improve and hopefully make your role easier
- Assembling from engineering drawings, sometimes from sketches and sometimes from verbal instructions
What do you need?
- Time served with engineering qualifications
- Ideally at least four years’ experience performing similar work
- The ability to assemble steel sections and fit components relevant to each model
- The ability to work with a range of hand tools (drills, grinders etc.)
- The ability to work with a range of machine tools (guillotine, folder, drills, lathes)
- The ability to work independently unsupervised or in a small team
- The ability to use lifting aids, training will be given; until training has been completed assistance would be given by someone who has completed the training
- The ability to fit and track conveyor belts safely (training will be given)
If you’re interested in joining this large and ever-growing team and contributing to their on-going success, then apply today or speak with Gail for more information.