We’re hiring for an experienced MIG Welder to join a world leader in the design and manufacture of material handling equipment based in Openshaw, Tameside. The role will involve reading engineering drawings and using jigs to tack and weld components (hooks, tubes) onto steel forks. This is a production line environment so the person will be expected to keep pace with the line and produce accurate work within the permitted tolerances.
What’s on offer?
- £13.96 per hour + bonus scheme
- 3 shift rotation (6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm / 10pm-6am)
- Monthly incentive scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Free onsite parking
What will you be doing as a MIG Welder?
- Working as part of a team you will carry out MIG welding tasks to help manufacture a variety of construction equipment, including forklift truck forks
- You will be involved in aspects of fabrication and assembly
- Preparing and setting up necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs
- Reviewing finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy
- Measuring up and surveying jobs
- Managing the completion of projects from small to large
- Assisting with overall material and stock check required to complete projects
What do you need?
- Time served and good knowledge / experience of MIG welding
- Experience working in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a production environment
- Physical fitness as the role can be manual
- Knowledge of working with large products is an advantage
- Good attention to detail
- Preferable experience of slinging and chain use however full training will be provided
If you’re an experienced MIG Welder who would be interested in joining a world leading manufacturer based in Tameside, apply now for consideration or speak with Adam at KPJ Group for more information.