We’re hiring for a mechanically biased Multi-Skilled Engineer to join a high performing manufacturer based in Whaley Bridge. You will be a key member of the engineering and diagnosis sector and will make a strong contribution to a busy and proactive team. Your role will involve strong communication skills, liaising daily with individual team members.
What’s on offer?
- £30,000 per annum
- Hours: Day shift: Monday – Thursday 8:00 pm – 5:00 pm / Friday 8:00 am – 3:45 pm Late shift: Monday 1:00 pm-10:00 pm /Friday 12:00 pm– 8:00 pm 20% shift increment is applicable when working a late shift
- Onsite training on site specific equipment
- Offsite training for regulatory and compliance requirements
- Company pension scheme
- 30 days starting holidays (including banks) on the 4th year you get an additional day, and for each completed year following you will receive an additional day leave up to a maximum of 33 days
What will you be doing as a Multi-Skilled Engineer?
- Firefighting on fillers, cappers, conveyors, pumping systems etc.
- Completing of maintenance tasks
- Completing of maintenance documentation
- Logging and storage of maintenance documentation
- Diagnosing breakdowns on automated PLC controlled machinery
- Diagnosing breakdowns on pure pneumatic machinery
- Diagnosing pneumatic logic
- Assisting other engineers with Mech and Elec breakdowns
- Fabricating various items for use within the production environment maybe using a lather pillar drill and milling machine
What do you need?
- Must be a time served Mechanical Engineer
- Proven diagnostic skills
- Pneumatic logic capabilities
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in similar production role
- In depth knowledge of filling, capping, pumping and control systems
- Based locally (within 15 miles)
- IPAF license
- 18th Edition
If you are interested in joining a reputable company then apply today for consideration or speak with Gail at KPJ Group for more information.