We’re currently hiring for a mechanically biased Multi-Skilled Engineer to join a high performing manufacturer facility based in Whaley Bridge, High Peak.
You will be a key member of the engineering team and will make a strong contribution to a busy and proactive production site. Your role will involve strong diagnosis skills, communication skills, liaising daily with individual stakeholders and the Head of Engineering.
What’s on offer?
- £14.95 per hour (39hr week) £30,310 per annum
- Free secure parking
- Career progression opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
- Onsite training / familiarisation of installed equipment
- Offsite training where required
- 30 days starting holidays (including banks) post qualifying period an additional day, and for each completed year following you will receive an additional days leave up to a maximum of 33 days (again including banks)
- Life Assurance (post qualifying period)
- Company product allowance
- Hours: Day shift: Monday – Thursday 8:00 pm – 5:00 pm / Friday 8:00 am – 3:45 pm Potential rotational late shift support: Monday 1:00 pm-10:00 pm /Friday 12:00 pm– 8:00 pm 20% shift increment is applicable when working a late shift (detail TBC)
What will you be doing as a Multi-Skilled Engineer?
- Fault diagnosis on fillers, cappers, conveyors, and other electro-pneumatic / PLC controlled equipment.
- Diagnosing breakdowns on pure pneumatic logic-based machinery
- Maintaining all site mechanical/electrical equipment in relation to machinery, buildings, support services and utilities to required standards.
- Performing proactive machine maintenance in accordance with the PPM schedule to plant, machinery, and equipment to prevent unplanned downtime.
- Occasional installation requirements, though the job will be predominantly orientated towards maintaining machinery uptime.
- Liaising with all internal departments to ensure any potential issues/factors affecting the business are communicated in a timely manner and escalated appropriately.
What do you need?
- Preferably completed a time-served mechanical engineering apprenticeship
- Multi skill trained
- Strong machine fault diagnostic skills on both electro-pneumatic and pure pneumatic machinery
- Experience within a similar role that covers both electrical and mechanical engineering responsibilities
- Based locally (within 20 miles)
What’s nice to have?
- IPAF license
- 18th edition
- Working Safely, Risk Assessment training
If you’re interested in joining a high performing production site in the High peak, apply now for consideration or speak with Gail at KPJ Group for more information.