£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
A new opportunity has arisen for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join a large national manufacturer as part of their skilled engineering team based in Stalybridge, Tameside. The company have been established for almost 200 years and pride themselves on their quality service. Manufacturing a range of high-quality packaging solutions, they are looking to add a Maintenance Engineer to their team to carry out the installation and maintenance of new machinery.
What’s on offer?
- £30,000 – £35,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday 6:00am – 2:00pm / 2:00pm – 10:00pm (37.5 hours per week)
- Overtime x1.25 Monday – Friday / x1.5 Weekends
- Opportunity to develop to a Plant/Engineering Manager within 5-years
- Company pension scheme
What will you be doing as a Maintenance Engineer?
- Undertaking the installation of new or replacement machinery using cost effective resources
- Taking part in continuous improvement activities, helping to create new ideas and better solutions to create improving efficiencies
- Ensuring legal compliance with latest regulations and report on any deficiencies or potential issues
- Ensuring all areas of Engineering (workshops, stores, etc.) are clear and tidy disposing of scrap items
- Carrying out prompt and effective repairs to manufacturing equipment
- Working on various robotics machinery including wrappers
- Rapidly diagnosing and resolving both mechanical, electrical plus basic control and instrumentation faults
- General Machine maintenance / upkeep and PPM Schedules
- Liaising with and supporting the on-shift production team
What do you need?
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance engineering experience within a manufacturing environment – preferably with heavy kit/machinery
- Experience working on a production line including conveyors, wrappers, reals, ovens, mixers etc.
- Electrical experience – 16th, 17th or 18th edition
- Knowledge of relevant and latest safety aspects in relation to maintenance work and machinery operation
- Team player, clear thinker, good communication skills
What’s nice to have?
- PLC experience
- Experience leading/managing small teams
- Experience assisting Managers with administration and office-based duties
If you’re multi-skilled and interested in joining a leading packaging manufacturer in Tameside, then apply today for consideration or speak with Adam at KPJ Group for more information.