We’re currently hiring for an experienced Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join one of the UK’s leading Breweries based in Stockport, Greater Manchester. You will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, improvement of production, engineering, and site service assets.
What’s on offer?
- £41,500 per annum
- Monday – Friday 6:00am – 2:00pm / 2:00pm – 10:00pm
- 22 days holiday, for the first year (rising to 27 days after the first year)
- Christmas and bank holiday shutdown
- Overtime available
- 25% employee discount
- Discounts on food and accommodation
- On-site parking
What will you be doing as a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer?
- Providing engineering support to production teams across the operations you have responsibility for
- Maintaining and repairing all equipment at the brewery and the packaging centre as required
- Keeping maintenance and quality records as required, using paper and computerised systems as specified
- Providing mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and process maintenance cover on a day to day basis on all production and site assets
- Maintaining the immediate work area, workshops, and engineering service areas to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
- Working as part of the engineering team with respect to engineering maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement
- Working with the other shift technicians in developing & improving plant asset reliability and efficiency
- Carrying out departmental duties and participating in planned maintenance schedules
- Exercising control over the standard of repairs and maintenance
- Ensuring spare parts used are noted so stocks can be replenished
- Proactively working to avoid unnecessary downtime, including repairs/changes prior to breakdowns
- Properly recording all parts used for maintenance and repair, booking out against line / equipment
What do you need?
- The ability to demonstrate a flexible, hands-on results orientated approach
- A passion to strive for high performance
- Knowledge and experience of using lean methods & tools
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- The ability to carry out PPM and breakdown repair effectively
- To be multi skilled with strong mechanical skills
- Experience in food FMCG or equivalent process industry
- H&S qualification
- Strong IT skills
This is a great opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company, so if you’re an experienced Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer who enjoys working in a fast-paced and energetic environment then apply today for consideration or speak to Gail at KPJ Group to find out more.