We’re hiring for a Multi-Skilled Assembler to join a busy department at a fast growing, market leading manufacturer based in Furness Vale, High Peak, where you’ll be responsible for the mechanical & electrical assemble of sub-assemblies and finished goods competently and to a high standard. This is a full-time permanent position, with further opportunities to grow and develop within the company.
What’s on offer?
- £12.00 – 14.00 per hour (dependent on experience)
- Hours: Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 4:30pm / Friday 7:30am – 1:30pm
- Immediate start
- Free onsite parking
- Career progression
What will you be doing as a Multi-Skilled Assembler?
- Building and assembling large specialist machinery and equipment used in various manufacturing environments
- Building sub-assemblies from drawings for all devices as required both mechanically and electrically
- To complete the final assembly and test of devices as required both mechanically and electrically
- To liaise with the Manufacturing Manager on workflow and resource to ensure key KPI’s on quality and OTIF are met
- To use the ECR process to feedback constructive information on continuous improvements
- Testing and fault finding the machines when they are fully built
- Assisting with the control of materials within the workshop
- To work effectively as part of the assembly team, assisting trainees and new starters to learn required product knowledge and assembly techniques
What do you need?
- Previous experience within mechanical & electrical assembly
- Previous experience working within a workshop / warehousing environment
- Evidence of achieving production KPI’s ideally around quality and OTIF
- A good level of communication and problem-solving skills
- Confidence, enthusiasm, self-motivation & determination
- The ability to suggest improvements to streamline the processes
If you have previous assembly and/or mechanical experience and would be interested in joining this fast-growing, market leading business apply now for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.