We’re hiring for a Nights Helpdesk Advisor to join the head office of a large national charity based in Stockport who support individuals with mental health & learning disabilities. The Out of Hours Team provides telephone advice and support to staff and services users throughout the UK, and you’ll be helping to manage a busy helpdesk
This role would best suit someone who has previous social care experience who is looking to move into an office-based nightshift position. You must be available to work on a rota system for night duties 8:00pm – 8:00am across a seven-night period.
What’s on offer?
- Pay rate £10.60 per hour
- Full-time & part-time hours available (2 x 12 hour shift / 3 x 12 hour shift 8:00am – 8:00pm)
- Great opportunity to develop into a managerial role
- Online benefits for several high street stores
- Award winning non-profit organisation
- 5-minute walk from Stockport Bus & Train station
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A rota which is set well in advance to facilitate people as far as possible
- Free life assurance
- Pension with company contribution
- Highly serviced employee advice line
- Access to an Employee Relations Advisor to receive confidential aid & advice
- 28 days holiday
What will you be doing as a Helpdesk Advisor?
- Responding to issues and incidents that arise from the company’s service including: safeguarding issues, medication, physical intervention/CITRUS, staffing and rota issues, complaints and third party enquiries
- Receiving and logging calls and providing appropriate advice and support to callers, ensuring an excellent standard of customer care at all times
- Working alongside the Senior Advisor to provide effective administration support
- Ensuring that all actual and potential adult safeguarding and child protection issues are responded to appropriately
- Supporting co-ordinating shift cover out of hours, liaising with projects and local on-call managers regarding their specific requirements
What do you need?
- The ability to demonstrate a knowledge base in a relevant area (e.g. mental health/learning disabilities/care of older people etc.)
- The ability to manage customer complaints/queries efficiently and effectively
- A calm and collective approach, good listening skills
- Clear decision-making skills and excellent customer service
- You will be an excellent team player and have proven interpersonal and listening skills.
- Minimal commitments during the day which may affect your ability to perform a waking night shift
What’s nice to have?
- Graduate with Professional Care qualification or other comparable level of qualification (e.g. RMN, DipSW, NVQ4/5)
- Previous experience working in health and social care and a good understanding of effective service delivery
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a candidate to develop a range of skills in relation to a wide variety of social care services. If you’re interested in joining a national charity at their Stockport head office, then apply now for consideration or speak with Carla at KPJ Group for more information.