We’re hiring for a Payroll Administrator to join the Payroll department of a large national charity based in Stockport. The charity has been established for over thirty years and has been supporting local communities across the UK with their ever-expanding service.
With over 700 living facilities across the UK and a workforce of 7,000 employees, this is a great opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organisation.
The position is varied, however excellent communication is of paramount importance due to liaising with employees and internal departments.
What on offer?
- £9.52 – £9.75 per hour
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
- Career progression and training available
- Health scheme for you and immediate family
- Online benefits for several high street stores
- Company pension
- Paid paternity leave & enhanced maternity leave
- Carers leave up to 5 days per annum
- Free life assurance
- Award winning non-profit organisation
- 5-minute walk from Stockport Bus & Train station
- Access to an Employee Relations Advisor to receive confidential aid & advice
What will you be doing as a Payroll Officer?
- Inputting data from timesheets onto the payroll system accurately and efficiently
- Maintaining payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Liaising with employees to ensure that correct information is received prior to the payroll process
- Managing incoming information in the payroll email inboxes and by phone and responding to employees questions about wages, deductions, attendance, and time records
- Identifying, investigating and resolving discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
- Producing reports and audit data as required through the payroll computerised system
- Providing administrative and telephone backup to the Payroll Department
- Providing efficient, friendly and helpful services as part of the Payroll team
- Carrying out general administrative duties, including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, photocopying, filing, faxes, mailings, and sorting correspondence
What do you need?
- Previous administration experience
- Payroll / finance experience advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- A common-sense approach to problem solving
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company that provide so much to the community. If you would like to work for a charity that are recognised for their outstanding and inspiring work, apply today or speak with Sarah at KPJ Group for more information.