We’re hiring for Pickers & Packers to join a busy organisation based in Macclesfield so assist with bagging goods, sorting orders and quality control. As the company start their busy period for the year, they are looking to add enthusiastic Pickers & Packers to their team for the next 3-6 months.
You will be part of a supportive team who manufacture a range of products for well-known organisations across the globe. With two sites in Macclesfield, the company adapt their workforce to assist each site as they enter their busy periods at separate times of the year. They are looking for people with good attention to detail who can work well in a busy environment.
What’s on offer?
- Rate of pay: £8.91 per hour + opportunities for overtime
- Hours of work: 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Thursday (1:45pm finish on Fridays)
- Temporary ongoing contract (approx. 3-6 months)
- Full-time work throughout the summer (ideal for those on break from University)
- Opportunities for a permanent contract for the right people
- Weekly pay
- Free onsite parking
- Supportive management and ongoing development
What will you be doing as a Picker Packer?
- Unpacking, organising and packing goods in an organised and timely fashion
- Cleaning, clearing and assembling packaging lines following correct procedures
- Responsible for ensuring product quality which includes checking samples and carrying out visual quality checks
- Responsible for labelling goods and packing finished products
- Taking responsibility for the zone that you work in; this includes ensuring good housekeeping standards are maintained
What do you need?
- Excellent work ethic is required, as well as punctuality and reliability
- The ability to stand for extended periods and carry out repetitive tasks
- Initiative and the capability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good time management as you will be working at speed
- Good attention to detail and careful precision
What’s nice to have?
- Previous experience in a production environment or packing role
- Experience working in a target driven environment
- Quality Control experience
If you are interested in joining a busy but supportive production environment, this is a fantastic organisation to be a part of as they continue their growth. For more information speak with our team at KPJ Group or apply today for consideration.