We’re hiring for an experienced Plater Fabricator to join a reputable design, fabrication and steel erection company based in Rossendale, Lancashire. Due to the high volume of work, they are expanding their existing team and are seeking an experienced Plater, you must be time served and comfortable working on your own initiative or as part of a small team.
The company encourages their staff to act ethically with everyone they encounter and pays particular interest in undertaking both innovative and environmentally ethical projects.
What’s on offer?
- £12 per hour
- Regular overtime available
- Hours: 8:30am – 4:00pm Monday – Thursday – 2:15pm finish on Fridays (38 hours)
What will you be doing as a Plater Fabricator?
- Reviewing engineering drawings for parts to be fabricated
- Performing plating activities as part of a team to produce orders on time and within quality requirements
- Measuring and marking out plates and sections for cutting, shaping and drilling
- Operating welding machines and burning equipment
- Using presses machines to form and shape plates and section
- Safely operating lifting equipment, cranes, and slinging of items (training provided but experience preferred)
- Performing fabrication tasks in varied environments, predominately workshop / workbench based, however elements of working outside and working at height be required
What do you need?
- Must have previous experience of fabricating structural steel
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience carrying out general plating duties, fabricating, measuring and marking out plates and sections
- Understanding of fabrication skills and techniques, for various metal types (steel/stainless steel/aluminium)
- The ability to work efficiently and use your own initiative
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
If you’re based locally to Rossendale and would be interested in joining a skilled fabrication team to work on a variety of commercial, industrial and residential projects then apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.