£50,000 - £60,000 + Bonus
We’re hiring for a Principal Electrical Design Engineer to join an award-winning, market leading engineering consultancy who employ some of the most talented people in the industry. Their creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists has been built up over many years and they pride themselves on their unique and unrivalled service.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, they provide a full range of mechanical engineering & plumbing, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look. Working alongside the Team Leader, you will be responding to clients’ needs, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance.
What’s on offer?
- £50,000 – £60,000 + Bonus (depending on experience)
- Profit and performance related bonus
- Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
- Working from home up to 4 days per week
- Private medical scheme & life assurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual promotion review
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
- Season ticket loans, professional membership subscription
- Travel & dental insurance
- Retail discounts and employee referral scheme
What will you be doing as a Principal Design Engineer?
- You will have the opportunity to lead electrical services design on large projects, and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office
- Working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally
- Defining and agreeing briefs with clients
- Managing and prioritising the workload of a project team including specialist groups
- Hosting and chairing internal project team meetings
- Contributing to the professional development of individual team members
- Monitoring project expenditure and reporting to management
- Ensuring quality standards and technical accuracy is delivered
- Reporting cost and resource requirements to the team leader on a regular basis
- Commuting to the Birmingham office up to two days per week
What projects are they currently working on?
- Birmingham University – Life Sciences project
- Warwick University – Arts building
- Commonwealth Games – Alexander Stadium
- Sky Studios – 17 building new campus
- Healthcare projects including main hospitals and ongoing nightingale projects
- Amazon distribution
Why join the company?
- You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists
- You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors
- You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to a structured Career Path framework
What do you need?
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering
- Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
- Responsible for the quality of our outputs
- Ability to identity when outsourcing is required e.g. design & CAD work
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
- Chartered engineer or close to
Continually looking at clever ways to overcome design challenges, this long-standing consultancy are not afraid to innovate. Their number one concern is the quality of their projects and they boast an impressive portfolio. If working on an extensive range of high-profile projects appeals to you then we’d love to hear from you. Apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information on 0161 249 8120.