We’re hiring for a Production Manager to join a specialist manufacturing firm based in Glossop who embrace the synergy of time-honoured craftsmanship and modern technology.
In this role, you will oversee a dedicated team of 15-20 employees, ensuring projects adhere to scheduled and meet the premium standards expected by our discerning clients.
What do you need?
- Starting salary £45,000 (negotiable)
- Monday – Thursday 7:00am – 4:30pm / Friday 1:30pm finish (40 hours per week)
- 29 days holiday, plus additional holidays for long service
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Company pension
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
What will you be doing as a Production Manager?
- Production of the manufacturing schedule ensuring projects remain on track
- Ensuring all items undertake a robust quality control process
- Efficiently organising workshop personnel to assign each project to the most suitable individual based on their skill set
- Creating a comprehensive training plan to facilitate cross-training among workshop staff
- Managing staff resources to ensure continuous coverage for holidays, sick leave, and other contingencies
- Generating management reports to monitor progress
- Ensuring the workshop operates within allocated hours allowed for each project
- Ensuring strict compliance with Health and Safety regulations
What do you need?
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a furniture/cabinet making/assembly environment
- Experience in using various woodworking machinery
- Competence in operating a wide array of hand-held tools, including power tools
- Veneering experience would be advantageous
- The ability to interpret technical drawings
If you’re ready to champion excellence in a thriving setting, this could be your next career step. We are looking for a self-motivated, results-driven individual with a positive outlook and a passion for fostering a positive work culture. Apply now for consideration or speak with Gail at KPJ Group for more information.