£9.22 - £10.12 per hour + Bonus
Are you looking to work within a friendly well reputed global organisation in the High Peak?
KPJ Group have several fantastic opportunities available within a globally recognised manufacturer in the High Peak.
Boasting 130 years of production with clients across the globe, this establishment have a need for several Production Operatives to join their 150 strong team on a permanent basis.
A close family feel, and friendly atmosphere have seen people join this company and work right up to retirement. With investments being made onsite and upgrades being made to the facility, this is an exciting time to join.
With 7 different departments to work in, you could find yourself moving throughout the company and learning several different aspects of the role.
What’s on offer?
- Days – 6:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Thursday/6:00 am to 12:30 pm Friday = 46 hours per week
- Nights – 6:00pm to 6:00 am Monday to Thursday = 47 hours per week
- Pay Rate:
- Basic – £8.82 p/h starting rate + shift allowance (which will equate to £9.22 – £10.12 depending on shifts worked)
- Performance bonus (which increases after probation)
- Overtime – £13.82 p/h to £14.72 p/h
- 28 days holiday per year (which increases 1 day per year worked, upto 5 years)
- Westfield Medical Scheme
- 2 X salary for death in service
- Free parking
What will you be doing as a Production Operative?
Roles vary depending on the department, below is a list of general duties across the entire organisation:
- Operating a crushing line to refine product for mixing
- Operating press machinery to manufacture product
- Loading and Unloading several fire kilns
- Weighing out correct measurements for production
- Operating grinding/drilling machinery to refine product to required specification
- Laying product in viewing area for clients to conduct onsite acceptance tests
- Mixing ingredients and pouring into large moulds
- Mixing ingredients and pouring into hand moulds
- Storing mix so that it may set for firing
- Operating an FLT as and when required (should you have a licence or recent experience)
What do you need?
- As this is a labour intensive role working with large and small products, you must be fit and able as it is strenuous and repetitive
- You must be punctual – should you be late for your shift you forfeit your shift allowance for that day
- A willingness to learn and drive to progress onto new machinery
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Numeracy and literacy at a good level
- Experience operating a forklift truck is advantageous, but a licence is not mandatory
- Experience working as a Factory Operative, Machine Operator, General Labourer or similar highly advantageous
If you are looking for a friendly, family-oriented company that has generations of families and employees under one roof this is the place for you.
To join this team and contribute to their ongoing success, apply today or speak with Symon on 01457 861511 for more information. Apply Now