£27,000 - £30,000 per annum
We’re hiring for a Production Operative to join a globally recognised manufacturer based in the Peak District. Boasting over 100 years manufacturing experience, you will be joining their 150 strong team that has a close family feel and a friendly atmosphere.
With investments being made on-site and upgrades being made to the facility this is an exciting time to join. With 7 different departments to work in, you could find yourself moving throughout the company and learning several different aspects of the role.
What’s on offer?
- Day shift: starting on £24,589 rising to £27,556 when fully trained
- Night shift: starting on £27,422 rising to £30,428 when fully trained
- Hours: 6:00 am – 4:00 pm Mon to Thurs / 12:30 pm finish on Friday’s
- Every third week working a night shift: 6:00 pm – 6:00 am Monday to Thursday
- Overtime: + £5 per hour
- 28 days holiday per year
- Westfield Medical Scheme
- 2X salary for death in service
- Free parking
What will you be doing as a Production Operative?
Roles vary depending on sector, below is a list of general duties across the entire organisation
- Operating a crushing line to refine product for mixing
- Operating press machinery to manufacture product
- Loading and unloading several fire kilns
- Weighing out correct measurements for production
- Operating grinding/drilling machinery to refine product to required specification
- Laying product in viewing area for clients to conduct on-site acceptance tests
- Mixing ingredients and pouring into large moulds and hand moulds
- Storing mix so that it may set for firing
- Operating an FLT as and when required (should you have a licence or recent experience)
What do you need?
- This is a labour intensive role working with heavy products, so you must be fit and able as the work is strenuous and repetitive
- Punctuality – should you be late for your shift you forfeit your shift allowance for that day
- A willingness to learn and drive to progress onto new machinery
- Numeracy and literacy at a good level
- FLT experience is advantageous, but a licence is not mandatory
- Flexibility to work a night shift as and when required (night shift allowance paid)
- Local to Buxton, Matlock, Leek would be ideal due to rural location
If you are interested in joining this growing team and contributing to their ongoing success, then apply today or speak with our team for more information – we look forward to hearing from you!