We’re hiring for a Production Operative to join a busy organisation based in Macclesfield so assist with operating press machinery, sorting orders and quality control. As the company start their busy period for the year, they are looking to add enthusiastic people to their team for the next 2-3 months.
You will be part of a supportive team who manufacture a range of products for well-known organisations across the globe. With two sites in Macclesfield, the company adapt their workforce to assist each site as they enter their busy periods at separate times of the year. They are looking for people with good attention to detail who can work well in a busy environment.
What’s on offer?
- Rate of pay: £8.91 per hour + holiday pay (equivalent to £9.99 per hour)
- Opportunities for overtime
- Hours of work: 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Thursday (1:45pm finish on Fridays)
- Temporary ongoing contract (approx. 2-3 months)
- Full-time work throughout the summer (ideal for those on break from University)
- Opportunities for a permanent contract for the right people
- Weekly pay
- Free onsite parking
- Supportive management and ongoing development
What will you be doing as a Production Operative?
- Operating digital print, laser cutting and heat press machinery to produce high quality products in a safe and controlled environment
- Cleaning, clearing and assembling packaging lines following correct procedures
- Unpacking, organising and packing goods in an organised and timely fashion
- Performing accurate machine set ups to ensure problem free start ups and maximise production
- Responsible for ensuring product quality which includes the completion of paperwork, checking samples and carrying out visual quality checks
- Responsible for labelling goods, packing finished products and completing packaging documentation associated with the completion of a work order
- Taking responsibility for the zone that you work in and the equipment in general; this includes ensuring good housekeeping standards are maintained
What do you need?
- Excellent work ethic is required, as well as punctuality and reliability
- Flexibility as hours of work can be subject to change dependant on the orders
- Physical fitness and the ability to stand for extended periods
- Initiative and the capability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good time management as you will be working at speed
- Good attention to detail and careful precision
- Confidentiality is paramount and no mobile phones are allowed on the shop floor
What’s nice to have?
- Previous experience in a production or packing role
- Basic computer skills
- Experience working in a target driven environment
If you are interested in joining a busy but supportive production environment, this is a fantastic organisation to be a part of as they continue their growth. For more information speak with our team at KPJ Group or apply today for consideration.